Advance Your Career and Your Organization with the ProFM® Credential
The Credential Built by Facility Professionals, for Facility Professionals!
ProFM® is a universal credential designed to benefit all facility professionals, regardless of career stage, industry or country. This credential was created in response to global market demand for universally accepted standards and training to help employers identify and proven talent. More than 3300 professionals representing 93 countries were involved in the development of this prestigious credential program administered by the Professional Facility Management Institute (ProFMI™) and Building Operating Management’s National Facilities Management & Technology (NFMT®).
This program will help you…
- Master critical skills defined and validated by FM experts, employers, and professionals around the globe
- Broaden your FM skills and knowledge to optimize the performance of your buildings and the people within them
- Stay abreast of today’s best practices and how they may be applied in your workplace
- Demonstrate that you know how to apply those skills to everyday FM roles and responsibilities
- Develop your strategic business skills
- Advance your career and your personal leadership skills
- Gain credibility with your employers and your peers.
The course will consist of five days of classroom instruction. Spring dates to be announced.
Sign up to receive email notifications about future program announcements!
Want to learn more about the ProFM?
Join us for our Free Info Session on Wednesday, August 15, 2019, 12 p.m. (CST)
Accelerate Your Facility Management Career!
Facility Management is an ever-changing, growing and dynamic profession! As the industry continues to change and adapt to increasing globalization, significant retirement gaps and advancing technology it demands that FM professionals have a broad range of skills to optimize building performance, develop business strategies and satisfy building occupants.
24 Things Every FM Professional Should Know...
Success in your career not only depends on what you know but the competencies you need to apply that knowledge in the workplace. The ProFM® Body of Knowledge includes 5 cross functional competencies and 19 functional FM Knowledge areas – These are the 24 Things Every FM Professional Should Know!
Why Enroll in the NIU Program?
Northern Illinois University is an established leader in delivery of Continuing and Professional Education Credential programs for FM professionals. Benefits include:
- Convenient online learning options available for FM professionals across the globe
- Helps you stay focused on your studies and complete the program in as little as 12 weeks
- Opportunities for sharing experiences and learning from other program participants
- FM practitioner instructors bring a wealth of real-world, practical application to the virtual classroom
- The course fee is inclusive of all course materials (print materials, online study tools and assessments, Blackboard resources and instructor expertise)
llinois Veterans and Illinois National Guard Grant Programs: This program is not eligible for funding under the IL Veterans and IL National Guard Grants. IVG and ING grants apply only to those programs assessing tuition and mandatory fees. NIU Outreach is licensed to deliver this program by the sponsoring professional organization. The registration fee for this program is not based on tuition and fees and includes course materials, licensing fees, catering services, and instructional costs not covered by the IVG/ING grants.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Funding: Certain unemployed or underemployed Illinois candidates may be eligible to receive funding for this program under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Visit https://www.illinoisworknet.com/WIOA for more information.
- Professional Education Overview
- Human Resources
- Facility Management
- Project Management
- Internal Audit
- National Safety Education Center
Donna Mann, Director
Registration by phone
Call 815-753-0277 or
Toll Free 800-345-9472
Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (CST) for live assistance.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be in writing. Email Outreachregistration@niu.edu or fax 815-753-6900.
Complete the form below to receive emails about upcoming Facility Management courses.